AV Field Service Engineer needed to join a cutting-edge technology company working in audio visual communication and collaboration. Due to a period of rapid growth we are looking for exceptional people to join the team. Primarily you will be responsible for the successful remote service and technical support of high quality, well-engineered audio visual and video conference solutions for an existing and new client base.
The company is a specialist in AV integrations within the commercial office space. Projects up to £1.5million are undertaken for existing clients, new clients introduced by the office fit out industry and new clients gained via a successful tender bid. The systems designed range from simple Teams Rooms to complex event spaces and auditoria, with every variable in between. Each AV system is provided with an element of included post-install service. The service side of the business is expanding, and the effective delivery of high quality reactive and proactive service is key to maintain this growth, as well as fostering on-going client relationships and future installation project wins.
This role is fast paced and comes with new challenges daily. If you like to troubleshoot and enjoy technical problem solving, developing expert in new products and technologies, and can keep your cool through ever evolving situations, then this is the opportunity for you.
Typical duties of the AV Remote Service Engineer will include:
- Providing technical AV support directly to clients onsite, across London and occasional travelling within the UK and Europe as well as remote access sessions.
- Collaborating with colleagues in the service team to resolve a range of technical issues, contributing your relevant knowledge and experience. This will include supporting AV field service engineers who are on site, with information, and helping to progress escalation issues with manufacturer support / project teams / commissioning team.
- Diagnosing faults with equipment and systems, and collaborating with colleagues to resolve matters that need follow-up work such as spare parts, warranty returns, product replacement.
- Updating of system commissioning documentation such as AV/IT schedules, and accurate note recording of work carried out on site and via remote work.
- Working with the service administrator to facilitate site visits from our AV field service engineers and remote support within the terms of our client’s service level agreements (i.e. the contractually agreed remote and site response times).
- Undertaking scheduled preventative maintenance service visits
- Providing some informal and ad hoc end user training / user education to ensure the systems are used correctly.
- Assisting the service team to devise and implement new processes to ensure our support services are highly effective, well documented and efficiently deployed.
- Accurate liaison with other departments to ensure client accounts are maximised to full potential e.g. scoping additional AV/VC works, improved service contracts etc. This includes gathering and passing on relevant information to sales and service contract sales.
- To assist in scoping small works for existing clients, such as specifying equipment needed for small AV systems upgrades.
We are looking for someone who :
- Is an enthusiastic team player capable of meeting deadlines and going the extra mile
- Maintains a strong knowledge of both Design Integration’s and other manufacturers products.
- Ensures that health & safety policies are always complied with.
- Acts in a professional and courteous manner to customers, suppliers, and colleagues.
- Ensures that timekeeping in relation to site arrival and departure is maintained to an acceptable level.
The company offers :
- Competitive salary based upon experience
- Company Car Scheme (Car allowance)
- IT Equipment and tooling
- Overtime Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- 5 Weeks Holiday inc. Xmas allocation
- Modern working environment
- Opportunities for home working
- Free refreshment and snacks provided
A superb career opportunity to join a growing AV business where you will be a valued member of the team and the company.